We’re taking a chance on fitness/wellbeing, but the 25-1 on offer about Ho La La Forez at Auteuil (6.02pm) is way too big and well worth chancing.
He has only run four times to date, and on second start last year was challenging for second behind Graded performer Yes Indeed when falling at the last here over hurdles – that was a really deep race, with useful performers in behind.
He is an imposing individual and looked the likely winner on chasing debut at Moulins in September, only to lose his footing and look to go wrong in the home straight, and was immediately pulled up. Suffice to say, he is much better than the form figures suggest.
Auteuil should suit him much better as a course, he has an excellent pedigree and has the physical scope to suggest there is plenty more to come as a five year old. Though he could well just be coming here for a pipe-opener, it’s interesting his in-form trainer has decided to start back at Auteuil rather than in the provinces and on pure ability, I think he is the best horse in this field.
6.02pm Auteuil – 1pt win, 0.5pt place Ho La La Forez @ 25-1 (all firms)
Francois Nicolle won the Prix de Pouilly in 2018 with Porto Pollo and I’m hopeful Eden Bleu can give him another win in the race today (4.17pm).
He started out in the Prix Grandak here at the beginning of April and ran a really nice race on debut in what was a strong and truly-run contest. He travelled well, but wasn’t given a hard time in the straight – Gaetan Masure certainly didn’t knock him around and though he was very prominent in the market (which hasn’t been the case with many of the Nicolle newcomers at Auteuil this spring), it looked a nice introduction.
Out of a Grade 2 winner for this yard (also a Listed winner at three here), he hails from a top-class National Hunt family and is a good physical with the potential to find plenty of improvement.
He is one of three Nicolle-trained entries in the Grade 3 back here in eight days’ time, which is an indication of the regard in which he is held – both stablemates that are entered have already won on either first or second start. I would make him clear favourite today and he is worth supporting to make this second start a winning one.
Recommended Bet: 4.17pm Auteuil – 1pt win Eden Bleu @ 100/30 (Price Hold with Fitzdares, also 100/30 with WillHill, Ladbrokes, Coral)
*Ts and Cs apply
FITZDARES FRENCH PRICE HOLD OFFER TERMS
- Available to active Fitzdares customers between 10.00am and 10.30am on this Race Sharp selection only.
- Bet must be placed via Text (07492 882213) or Live Chat.
- Maximum stake is £25 win only or £25 each-way. Selected accounts will be eligible for higher amounts.
- This offer is limited to one French Price Hold per person/household/IP address per day.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Fitzdares promotion.
- Fitzdares reserve the right to withhold, restrict or cancel this offer from individual account holders in accordance with its eligibility, promotion abuse and internal trading risk policies at its own discretion.
- Fitzdares general Terms and Conditions apply.