The two year old contest at Chantilly is headed by the Florian Guyader-trained Newkidontheblock, but I’m not convinced by the strength of his form and instead am siding with Alvina.
She was behind today’s second favourite Super Star when fifth here on debut, and has just over a length and a half to make up on that running. However, I thought she shaped every bit as well, particularly given she raced on the wing. She travelled really nicely into the race, better than Super Start, and is overpriced to reverse the form.
Hubert de Nicolay doesn’t have many in training, but he showed last year with Diablotine that he can train a juvenile – she made a winning debut at this track last April, before landing a Listed contest at Vichy which takes place on Friday. Interestingly, Alvina held an entry for that race as well, which suggests she is held in some regard.
Mickael Barzalona rode Diablotine on both starts last year, and hadn’t ridden again for the yard until riding Alvina last time – he keeps the ride, and hopefully the pair can make it second time lucky.
1.42pm Chantilly – 1pt win, 0.5pt place Alvina @ 13/2 (Price Hold with Fitzdares, also most firms)
FITZDARES FRENCH PRICE HOLD OFFER TERMS
- Available to active Fitzdares customers between 10.00am and 10.30am on this Race Sharp selection only.
- Bet must be placed via Text (07492 882213) or Live Chat.
- Maximum stake is £25 win only or £25 each-way. Selected accounts will be eligible for higher amounts.
- This offer is limited to one French Price Hold per person/household/IP address per day.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Fitzdares promotion.
- Fitzdares reserve the right to withhold, restrict or cancel this offer from individual account holders in accordance with its eligibility, promotion abuse and internal trading risk policies at its own discretion.
- Fitzdares general Terms and Conditions apply.