Fontainebleau Tips and Racecourse Guide
Located to the south-east of Paris, Fontainebleau hosts meetings both on the flat and over jumps.
The track suits speedier types and is used by many of the top jumps trainers to prepare their young horses for the bigger races at Auteuil and Compiegne.
Jerome Reynier runs two with chances in the same race at Fontainebleau, but Vergoncey looks the more progressive of the pair and is a fair price this morning.
The son of Le Havre has won three of his seven career starts. A dual winner in March/April under this rider last year, including in handicap company off a mark of 34, he finished a very close third at Dax a year ago off 37, form which would give him the beating of these.
Following a quiet reappearance in March, he returned to winning ways at Marseille Borely last time, putting in a game front-running performance.
He’s a scopey sort and given the way Reynier brings his horses along, it’s reasonable to expect he has left something to work with from this lightly-raced and well-bred four year old.
Legras has been on board for all three wins and claims a valuable 2.5kg. This track should suit, he is proven on good ground and should make a bold bid for his in-form team.
2.35pm Fontainebleau – 1pt win Vergoncey (4-1 all firms)
*Ts and Cs apply
FITZDARES FRENCH PRICE HOLD OFFER TERMS
- Available to active Fitzdares customers between 10.00am and 10.30am on this Race Sharp selection only.
- Bet must be placed via Text (07492 882213) or Live Chat.
- Maximum stake is £25 win only or £25 each-way. Selected accounts will be eligible for higher amounts.
- This offer is limited to one French Price Hold per person/household/IP address per day.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Fitzdares promotion.
- Fitzdares reserve the right to withhold, restrict or cancel this offer from individual account holders in accordance with its eligibility, promotion abuse and internal trading risk policies at its own discretion.
- Fitzdares general Terms and Conditions apply.
Fontainebleau Top Trainers (2021)
1. Mauricio Delcher Sanchez 8 wins (44%)
2. Francis Graffard 6 wins (50%)
3. Fabrice Chappet 5 wins (17%)
4. Andre Fabre 5 wins (20%)
5. Frederic Rossi 5 wins (63%)
1. Lageneste & Macaire 18 wins (23%)
2. Francois Nicolle 9 wins (26%)
3. Mikael Seror 8 wins (13%)
4. Butel & Beaunez 5 wins (25%)
5. Gabriel Leenders 4 wins (13%)
Fontainebleau Top Jockeys (2021)
1. Maxime Guyon 11 wins (20%)
2. Eddy Hardouin 7 wins (20%)
3. P-C Boudot 7 wins (28%)
4. Stephane Pasquier 5 wins (15%)
5. Cristian Demuro 5 wins (11%)
1. Baptiste Le Clerc 9 wins (45%)
2. James Reveley 6 wins (21%)
3. Alexandre Seigneul 4 wins (13%)
4. Stephane Paillard 3 wins (60%)
5. Lucas Vandamme 4 wins (43%)
How to get there
Train speeds vary to Fontainebleau but the fastest direct services take just 40 minutes from Gare de Lyon. It’s a short, 10-minute journey by taxi from the station to the racecourse.
If you are lucky enough to have a runner or an interest and are coming from the UK, the drive south from Calais to Compiegne is just under three and a half hours.
Fontainebleau Top Races
Listed Prix Cor de Chasse
Listed Grand Prix de Fontainebleau
Listed Prix Ceres
Listed Grand Steeple-Chase Cross Country de Fontainebleau
Fontainebleau Tips Archives
One bet takes my eye this afternoon at Fontainebleau. 3.42pm Prix De La Malmontagne Hopefully readers have managed to profit from the recent good form of yards including Jerome Reynier (lovely winner for Nathaniel just now at Toulouse!), Carlos Laffon-Paris and...
A couple that we have backed in recent weeks reappear in the 1m1f maiden at Fontainebleau this afternoon (2.35pm), Chateau Fort and Salernitano. I'm sure Chateau Fort is better than the form he showed when a disappointing seventh on debut at Chantilly in February -...
Favourite Bella Nebula is a warm order for the 1m3f maiden at Fontainebleau this afternoon (2.35pm), but while the daughter of Sea The Stars looks a promising filly, I am backing the Christophe Soumillon-ridden Caraghann against her. The Francis Graffard-trained son...
This site was unfortunate not to begin the week with a bang after Younes finished in the runner-up berth at Fontainebleau on Tuesday but we are back for more action later this afternoon. At 3.05pm there is a mile maiden for colts and geldings. The Francis-Henri...
An eight-race card over jumps at Fontainebleau and our bet runs in the claiming hurdle, with Younes a tempting price on his return to action after ten weeks off. Runner-up in a claimer over this course and distance in November for the Lageneste/Macaire team, he was...
An interesting card at Fontainebleau today, including three maidens featuring some promising three year olds for the season ahead. We'll head to the 1m3f maiden for the colts/geldings (3.00pm) for today's tip, with Salernitano looking capable of building on his...
A couple of tricky cards in France today (I may back one at a price at Lyon later, but will post if so), but I do think Lifrenchteen is an attractive price at Fontainebleau. She won a 1m4f handicap in May on heavy ground at Nantes, which takes some getting, and I...
A competitive card at Fontainebleau today, but I like the look of Exupery in the 2m4f conditions hurdle (11.47am). The six year old was a useful performer for Gaby Leenders last year, winning three in a row between June-November, two at Auteuil (hurdles/chase) and a...
Low-grade stuff at Fontainebleau today, but there's one I like in the final race on the card, with Gemohio making plenty of appeal stepping up in trip in the 2m5f handicap hurdle (2.52pm). Though she is just 1-17 in his jumps career to date, she has spent most of her...