Lyon La Soie Tips and Racecourse Guide
Lyon La Soie is one of Lyon’s two city racecourses and is located in the north. With no turf circuit, Lyon La Soie plays host to flat racing on the polytrack as well as trotting racing on the inner circuit.
Flat racing takes place from September to May, often under floodlights. The racecourse is joined to the Carré de Soie shopping centre, featuring a magnificent 14-screen Pathé cinema.
Lyon La Soie Tips
Lyon La Soie Top Trainers (2020)
1. Jean-Pierre Gauvin 10 wins (15%)
2. Frederic Rossi 4 wins (17%)
3. Francois Monfort 4 wins (19%)
4. Peter Shiergen 3 wins (50%)
5. Conny Whitfield 3 wins (38%)
Lyon La Soie Top Jockeys (2020)
1. Marie Velon 11 wins (14%)
2. Ambre Molins 8 wins (21%)
3. Sibylle Vogt 7 wins (14%)
4. Perrine Cheyer 6 wins (21%)
5. Aurelien Lemaitre 6 wins (16%)
How to get there
The Carré de Soie commercial centre is 11 stops from Place Bellecour. Take the pink metro Line A northbound and continue all the way to the terminus, Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie.
Lyon La Soie Top Races
Grand Prix de l’Hippodrome de Lyon la Soie
Critérium de Villeurbanne – Prix Alain Nebon-Carle