Cartmel Tips and Racecourse Guide
An entirely unique course, Cartmel hosts nine jumps meetings a year and is a hugely popular track, with big crowds for the Bank Holiday meetings in May and August. The feature race of their season is the Cumbria Crystal Hurdle.
The chase course has the longest run-in in the country, whilst incredibly the course boasts one of the highest average attendances in the UK.
Cartmel Top Trainers
1. James Moffatt 12 wins (34%)
2. Dianne Sayer 6 wins (30%)
3. Jennie Candlish 4 wins (40%)
4. Donald McCain 4 wins (13%)
5. John McConnell 2 wins (50%)
Cartmel Top Jockeys
1. Charlotte Jones 11 wins (52%)
2. Conor O’Farrell 5 wins (22%)
3. Brian Hughes 5 wins (13%)
4. Sean Quinlan 4 wins (17%)
5. Sean Bowen 3 wins (20%)
How to get there
Cartmel is located off junction 34 of the M6. The racecourse is just over a mile outside the town.
Trains from London take around 3.5hrs. Trains from Glasgow take around 2.5hrs.
There is a complimentary shuttle bus service on racedays from Cark & Cartmel station.
Cartmel Top Races
Cumbria Crystal Cup